Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kowa 50mm f0.95
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Kowa 50mm f0.95 Reply with quote

Anyone ever heard of this lens before? It recently popped up on Ebay, but google doesn't give me any useful info on the lens.
According to the seller it's not C-mount and it's no x-ray lens either.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Lichtstarkes-Objektiv-KOWA-f-50mm-1-0-95-/180854880113?pt=DE_Foto_Camcorder_Objektive&hash=item2a1bca7771

[img]

Last edited by Opticus on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like c-mount to me. Probably too fat to fit any m4/3 or NEX adapter though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the pictures I would almost certainly say that it is c-mount. My suspicion (and I may have heard this elsewhere) is that this is the mother of Noktor 50/0.95, which popped up a while ago. Basically a fast cctv lens that was then remade into a SLR lens with various mounts. As I remember, the wide open performance was dismal. But for a good price, I am sure all sorts of interesting things could be done with it.
But be careful with the haze on the front element he mentions.