Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is 200 euros too much for a TAMRON SP 17 mm f/3,5?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Is 200 euros too much for a TAMRON SP 17 mm f/3,5? Reply with quote

I found this auction: http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170823822765&ssPageName=ADME:B:ONA:IT:3160
5 more days to the end, so I guess the price is going to raise…
I cannot access the price guide site;
200 euros is too much for this lens, is it?

Tardegardo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am affraid i would say its far to much for a lens like that.
Personally i would buy the AF version of the 17-50 that can be had for not much more than that and is a constant F2.8 and a very nice lens with much better coatings and optics than the 17mm
I have tested teh tamron version of the 17mm on the Nex and was very disapointed in it

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
Personally i would buy the AF version of the 17-50 that can be had for not much more than that and is a constant F2.8 and a very nice lens with much better coatings and optics than the 17mm
I have tested teh tamron version of the 17mm on the Nex and was very disapointed in it

thank you eddie…
I'll look for the 17-50 then!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is depend.. how would like to use it.
My lens was disappointment on 4/3 and micro 4/3 and perform pretty well on Sony NEX.
I have better lenses , but I kept it , because usable on any camera thanks for Adaptall-2 mount I can use ony any film SLR what come into my hands with good results.

First pictures are taken with SONY NEX, last ones with Olympus E-1

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/japenese/Tamron/tamron_sp_17mm_f3_5/?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:

Ops, forgot to say: 17-50 isn't good on full frame….
and I have a 5dmk2

Last edited by tardegardo on Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda makes sense for full frame, but not for crop sensor cameras. However, price is too high, I'd rather have the Samyang 14/2.8 if the budget is that high.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh Graham now there is a good choice the 14mm is a spectacular lens from everything i have seen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
Ahh Graham now there is a good choice the 14mm is a spectacular lens from everything i have seen

I own the Samyang 14mm and it is indeed an impressive lens, especially paired with PTLens to reduce distortion. I will advise that people truly know what they are going to use something this wide for, as it is fairly specialized in my opinion, but the results are great. Also keep in mind that on the Samyang, you don't have the ability to use any filters.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave_t wrote:
eddieitman wrote:

I own the Samyang 14mm and it is indeed an impressive lens, especially paired with PTLens to reduce distortion. I will advise that people truly know what they are going to use something this wide for, as it is fairly specialized in my opinion, but the results are great. Also keep in mind that on the Samyang, you don't have the ability to use any filters.

yes, I know about filters,
I am going to buy one though!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:

17 works great on APS-C and FF sensors. 200 seems a bit high but not unreasonable; I'm thinking 175 is about right for the earlier version with built-in filters in good condition; 160 for later version without filters built-in.

The AF 17-50 with constant f/2.8 sounds great! Is that a FF lens or for APS-C only? I have a (rare) Sigma 17-35/2.8-4 EX HSM -- at 17 it is as good as maybe better than Tamron SP 17 on FF.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visual, its and APSC lens,

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
eddieitman wrote:

17 works great on APS-C and FF sensors. 200 seems a bit high but not unreasonable; I'm thinking 175 is about right for the earlier version with built-in filters in good condition; 160 for later version without filters built-in.

The AF 17-50 with constant f/2.8 sounds great! Is that a FF lens or for APS-C only? I have a (rare) Sigma 17-35/2.8-4 EX HSM -- at 17 it is as good as maybe better than Tamron SP 17 on FF.

I need a ff lens.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look a Tokina RMC 17mm lens.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by iangreenhalgh1 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this picture wouldn´t convince me about qualities of tokina:)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

berraneck wrote:
this picture wouldn´t convince me about qualities of tokina:)

hehehe….
I appreciate it btw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I don't like about many people on this forum, they are free with their words but rarely put their pictures where there mouth is.

Sorry for trying to be helpful.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
This is what I don't like about many people on this forum, they are free with their words but rarely put their pictures where there mouth is.

No Ian, please. I appreciate your effort. And the pic too

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tokina RMC 17 one of the best perhaps best affordable wide lens option, take a research worth to do it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tardegardo wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

Oh, no need, I am silly for being touchy.

I'm only beginning to learn to shoot film and develop it myself so my results are not the best. There's not much point in me showing pictures with my Tokina 17 on APS-C as you're not seeing the FF performance.

There are some film pics from it here:

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1224232.html#1224232

It really is a great lens, a big bargain for it's price.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
tardegardo wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

Oh, no need, I am silly for being touchy.

I'm only beginning to learn to shoot film and develop it myself so my results are not the best. There's not much point in me showing pictures with my Tokina 17 on APS-C as you're not seeing the FF performance.

There are some film pics from it here:

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1224232.html#1224232

It really is a great lens, a big bargain for it's price.

I am sure this tokina 17mm is a very nice lens. The problem is it has an fd mount and I have a very poor quality fd - Ef adapter. I guess it depends on the quality of the small lens in it. Anyway, That's why I was looking for a m42 lens.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
This is what I don't like about many people on this forum, they are free with their words but rarely put their pictures where there mouth is. Sorry for trying to be helpful.
I´m sorry sir, just wanted to point out that the picture doesn´t show how the lens good is, and I don´t mean composition or so. It was not meant to be personal.

tardegardo: tokina17 was made in different mounts and isn´t so rare, so finding one in proper mount won´t be problem

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

berraneck wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
This is what I don't like about many people on this forum, they are free with their words but rarely put their pictures where there mouth is. Sorry for trying to be helpful.
I´m sorry sir, just wanted to point out that the picture doesn´t show how the lens good is, and I don´t mean composition or so. It was not meant to be personal.

tardegardo: tokina17 was made in different mounts and isn´t so rare, so finding one in proper mount won´t be problem

thx!