Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon F-1 & FD 2/35mm - Sensia 200 - Cologne Cathedral
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Canon F-1 & FD 2/35mm - Sensia 200 - Cologne Cathedral Reply with quote

Hi,

here few shots of the very famous Cologne Cathedral.

All shots with Canon F-1 & FD f:2/35mm & Fuji Sensia 200ASA scanned with Nikon Coolscan 5000ED.

Thanks for viewing and comments.

Wink

Last edited by Rolf on Mon May 17, 2010 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! First one like scene from sci-fi Smile Excellent!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots, Rolf:

I like very much the last one composition with the candles...

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice technique shooting photo #1 with no distortion.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series, great dom!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the composition of the 1st one. The imposing structure is exaggerated nicely. The details are amazing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your friendly comments.

Here a last one within this series.

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent and nice to see someone using Canon FD lenses on this forum for a change.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots. Remind me of my first visit this Holy Place 3 years ago.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first and last are best for me. someday, i will learn to hold a camera straight like rolf ...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful results.

You are a film inspiration to me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of course are excellent, but I really like the last, killer shot!
(Candles and lady is my #2 fave.)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does'nt look particularly sharp at f2...Its probably a lot better at f2.8, but then if your going to shoot at f2.8 you would be better off the CZ 28mm f2.8 Distagon T* which is razor sharp wide open and will still be sharper than the FD at any aperture. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSG wrote:
It does'nt look particularly sharp at f2...Its probably a lot better at f2.8, but then if your going to shoot at f2.8 you would be better off the CZ 28mm f2.8 Distagon T* which is razor sharp wide open and will still be sharper than the FD at any aperture. Wink

The FD new 35/2 I had was *very* sharp wide open...

Great shots, BTW!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excelent photos , Rolf ! A pleasure to look at !

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for your friendly comments. This lens makes also a good job with the NEX-5. I like it a lot.

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSG wrote:

I think that there are more important factors than the lens on this pics, it looks like they were taken on the limit of the shutter speed and maybe w/o tripod.

I have one FD 35 f2 chrome nose and it is way sharper than the Nikkor 35 f2, OM 35 f2, PK 35 f2, and the good flek copies, I would say that it doesn't get sharper that that. I would like to see it agaisnt the new ZE or ZN 35 f2.I honestly think that the Contax 28 f2.8 is no match for the FD 35 f2 chrome nose, 10 elements 8 groups floating element in a 35mm.

http://zone-10.com/cmsm/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=345&Itemid=97

Just for the sake of see how the test standards are, the 1980-R elmarit 28 f2.8

http://zone-10.com/cmsm/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=307&Itemid=97

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I like reading and talking about lenses, but IMO for "sharpness" if you carefully crop the picture before taking the shot i.e. no need to enlarge in PP, you won't see much difference between an expensive lens compared to a cheaper one if both are stopped down. Every lens test I do with VG lenses (at say f4 to f8 ) I can only see the difference in resolution when shots are enlarged to about 10 ft wide.....of course if you need to use a lens wide open most of the time then that's when you pay more for that top lens.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
DSG wrote:

The FD new 35/2 I had was *very* sharp wide open...

Great shots, BTW!

I think all modern Biogons, Distagons and I also think Planars in this range are better in all apertures than the older Canon FD 35/2 in both contrast and sharpness. But the Canon 35/2 is also clearly above average and usually somewhat cheaper