Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

24mm f2.8 Sigma Super Wide AR mount on Olympus PEN E-PL2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: 24mm f2.8 Sigma Super Wide AR mount on Olympus PEN E-PL2 Reply with quote

Just got this yesterday and so far I am liking it and especially this focal length on mft.

The cat picture was taken wide open or close to it.

The second picture was taken at f8 using a cpl filter. No PP, jpeg straight from the camera, downsized a little bit by flickr of course. If people care to see full crops I will upload some.

P3220895 by ramcewan, on Flickr

20120323 landscape by ramcewan, on Flickr

Last edited by ramcewan on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sigma was rated January 1986 as the world best 24mm lens (German Photo Newspaper "Colorfoto") before Nikon, Olympus, leica and all the others .....

Wink

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I saw people saying how good this lens was in another thread asking for 24mm suggestions and then saw one on ebay for $45 with the caps and case and said why not... happy I did, even happier that all my Hoya 52mm filters fit it too, especially the CPL which I used for these landscapes

P3230919 by ramcewan, on Flickr

a oak tree suffering from some disease

P3230931 by ramcewan, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just me? I see poor edges in landascape...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultrapix wrote:
It's just me? I see poor edges in landascape...

Now that you mention it I see it too. Maybe it is the CPL, it is from the Hoya introductory kit... I know some people don't think to highly of these as they were made in the Philippians, not Japan, but they fit my budget. Both landscapes were also shot in the morning and there was some fog.

p.s. I will have to take some shots w/ the filter and check it out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im curious how is the tree would be if you had dramatic tone with it

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dramatic tone applied to the tree.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
The Sigma was rated January 1986 as the world best 24mm lens (German Photo Newspaper "Colorfoto") before Nikon, Olympus, leica and all the others .....

Wink

Awesome

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wanted to note that I had the lens wrong in my title, this lens is not the 24mm f2.8 Sigma Super Wide II, this is the earlier 24mm f2.8 Sigma Super Wide AR mount Manual Focus lens

this is the lens I have, as you can see it doesn't have the the II after the Super-Wide, but it does have the macro function. Rumor has it this lens may have originated from a leica design.

Sigma Super-Wide 24mm by ramcewan, on Flickr

P3261037 by ramcewan, on Flickr

P3261036 by ramcewan, on Flickr

P3261032 by ramcewan, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would love to know more about this lens as most info is about the II version