Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carenar 28mm F2.8 made in Korea samples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Carenar 28mm F2.8 made in Korea samples Reply with quote

Well browsing through a junk shop i found a lens pouch inside a carenar 28mm f2.8 made in Korea, exactly the same construction as my surprising 135 F2.8 so i managed to buy it for a small price it does have some spots on the rear element from lens separation but nothing terrible.
Took it out for a quick walk to sample the lens.
I dont think its the worse 28mm Lens i have but does not seem terrible.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think these are actually quite good when you remember that such lenses were absolutely built down to the lowest possible price in ordeer to compete in the bargain-basement sector of the market. Yes, certainly top-marque brands do better but these sold at between one quarter and one twentieth of the big names . . .

Be interesting to put this lens up against one of one of the packaged 18-55s from Canikonytax Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging from the description I have the same lens too (as well as the 135/2.Cool. I think mine is a little defective because wide open at infinity focus it completely falls apart and is just useless. I think it might be some element separation or something, I haven't looked very closely. But stopped down a bit it gets very sharp and at close focus it seems to be reasonably sharp even wide open! And at all settings it is very contrasty and gives very rich vibrant colours. More than most other lenses I have actually. Many photos I've shot with it for some reason came out as if I had a polarizer on.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the 135 a lot its very good
This 28, considering it has optical damage is not bad not the best not the worse
Here is a pic of the lenses

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samyangs. The 135 is very common, came in a lot of brandings - Carenar, Exaktar, Mirage, Kestrel etc etc.

It's pretty good, certainly better than a few other bargain basement 135s.

The 28mm is less common, there is a 35mm too, I had one and it was pretty bad.