Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

3m-5a zm-5a 8/500 infinity focus
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: 3m-5a zm-5a 8/500 infinity focus Reply with quote

Hi,

I have the 3m-5a zm-5a 8/500 and im using an adapter from M42 to Olumpus E520. Im suspecting that it is not focusing to infinity. Is there a procedure to enable the lens to focus past infinity ?

thanks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the maximum focus distance?
Do you have a dremel or a proxxon or any other usable cutting- or grinding tool? If yes and the min. focus distance is not far away from infinity the easiest way without harming the lens would be to grind/cut the adapter to make it ~1mm shorter.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im using this lens to take astrophotos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 3m-5a zm-5a 8/500 infinity focus Reply with quote

djronbxs wrote:
Hi,

I have the 3m-5a zm-5a 8/500 and im using an adapter from M42 to Olumpus E520. Im suspecting that it is not focusing to infinity. Is there a procedure to enable the lens to focus past infinity ?

thanks

It may be possible to partially disassemble the focusing ring to allow it to focus further. But I'm not familiar with this design to be able to tell you more. I remember that on my Tokina, I could adjust a ring with a stop piece, to determine the focusing range. I also remember that rugift used to have some instructions for how to perform a similar operation on the lenses they sell, but I wasn't able to find them right now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: 3m-5a zm-5a 8/500 infinity focus Reply with quote

djronbxs wrote:
Hi,

thanks

My copy will rotate well past the infinity mark on the lens, perhaps you're already past infinity and losing sharpness?