Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica 35-ME, Kodak TMAX 400 in Ilford Microphen
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Yashica 35-ME, Kodak TMAX 400 in Ilford Microphen Reply with quote

Shot these last year and dev'd in the kitchen sink, only just got a scanner (Epson Perfection 3200 for 35ukp!) so can only now see the results. Had to correct exposure a little in Photoshop as it uses a 1.3v mercury battery and I had to use a 1.5V modern replacement, so the roll was a bit overexposed, forgot the trick of setting the speed to 200 instead of 400 to compensate. Camera is fully working, I got it for 50p from the local Age Concern shop in pretty much mint condition.

Scanned at 3200dpi with auto exposure, auto dust correction and auto grain reduction, contrast and brightness tweaked in photoshop then resized for web. Results are a bit soft, I'll have to check the lens again for haze, fungus etc, half of the roll was spoilt by camera shake, even the outdoor shots in full sunlight. I don't find this a very impressive camera, very nice and easy to use but poor results, might be more my fault than the camera, might shoot another roll in it to be sure.