Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-8M 53mm f/2 (Kiev): issues with adapter (NEX)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Jupiter-8M 53mm f/2 (Kiev): issues with adapter (NEX) Reply with quote

I use Attila's Kiev/Contax > NEX adapter and haven't had any issues so far. However, I received the last Jupiter-8M version today and it is really hard (read: I have to put force and use some tricks) to put the lens properly on the NEX.

I have 5 Kiev bayonet lenses and this is the only one that gives this problem. I have the impression that the bottom part is slightly bigger then other Jupiter-8Ms. I have 3 J8Ms: 64xx, 71xx and a 79xx, which is the problematic lens... I also have the impression that the weight is a bit less then the older versions.

What I'd like to find out is whether there is an issue with this lens copy only, or with the last incarnation of the Jupiter-8M in general. The last incarnation (PT3610) was produced in 1978-1981, and I guess that production completely switched to the Helios-103 after that. Is there anyone who is using this adapter and lens combination and is experiencing problems as well?

I also have two Helios-103 lenses (82xx and 83xx) which combine without problematic issues. Only the 79xx Jupiter-8M, so I doubt it is an adapter problem (which was sourced from an original camera anyway).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. your last lens made on Monday seems, sorry to hear that , sell it and buy a new one. I think only this copy is thicker than others.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Yes. your last lens made on Monday seems, sorry to hear that , sell it and buy a new one. I think only this copy is thicker than others.

Good idea!

L@@K ~~ ULTRA-RARE Jupiter-8M 53MM f/2 --- MADE ON A MONDAY MORNING! STILL EXHALED ALCOHOL TRACES PRESENT INBETWEEN THE GLASS ELEMENTS -- BUY NOW €53.2 ONLY!

Wink

It's the first time that I encounter this kind of problem though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

53 eur. - you are not serious Smile
I can give you one of those for free if you are interested.