Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Werra 3 Provia 100 DIY E-6 Epson V500
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Werra 3 Provia 100 DIY E-6 Epson V500 Reply with quote

Tessar 50mm, Cardinar 100mm on Werra 3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done series with the 3rd shot being my favorite. In all the mediums related to photography slide film produces some of the best results I have ever seen.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent results and amazing IQ for flatbed scans of 35mm slides! You will need to send the camera
and lenses to me for proper disposal... Laughing Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice series, great quality DIY develop & scanning

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Excellent results and amazing IQ for flatbed scans of 35mm slides! You will need to send the camera

Smile if you are serious I can hunt this camera + lens locally, pretty inexpensive and stunning.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Katastrofo wrote:

Smile if you are serious I can hunt this camera + lens locally, pretty inexpensive and stunning.

Attila, yes, I'm thinking about it, and thanks for the kind offer. I'm not getting any younger and RF focus
(is the RF patch easy to focus with?) seems like a good idea. If same lenses could be used on a NEX would
be icing on the cake. Focusing at mid-range seems to be my Achilles' heel. Up close and inifinity, no problem. Wink

Test shot with the Exa-1a and Primotar 3.5/50, Kodak ColorPlus 200 @160, but up close:

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6229/7005827127_aa45f4b280_b.jpg

Having a system where I can easily focus at all ranges would be nice indeed.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Bill: I think it was Rick Denney that posted a neat fix for RF cameras where if the RF patch was a bit faint that basically involved cutting a piece of tape to the same size as the patch and sticking it over it.

Might be worth a try if you end up with an RF with a patch that's not a patch on one with a good patch... Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob, thanks, I think Rick Oleson was the first to come up with that, and good idea indeed.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Rick Oleson.

Knew it was Rick Somebody anyway. Smile

Nice work as well Attila. Cool

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill, RF window is one of the best, lens register distance is long, may mount on SLR too. Surely adaptable to NEX, Ian already made a DIY adapter from broken Werra house + Next extension rings. All three lenses are stunning, Flektogon 35mm , 50mm Tessar and 100mm Cardinar.

http://forum.mflenses.com/cardinar-100mm-f4-carl-zeiss-jena-sony-nex-3-t42874,highlight,%2Bcardinar.html
http://forum.mflenses.com/werra-3-flektogon-35mm-fuji-color-200-tetenal-diy-c41-t45314,highlight,%2Bwerra.html
http://forum.mflenses.com/werra-3-agfa-apx-100-carl-zeiss-jena-tessar-50mm-foma-r09-t43334,highlight,%2Bwerra.html
http://forum.mflenses.com/werra-3-provia-100-diy-e-6-epson-v500-2-t44136,highlight,%2Bwerra.html

and best of all still pretty affordable combo even with all lenses.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, fabulous results, sending you PM.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing these I may have to try some slide film. I've never used it before. Is there anything that I should be aware of first?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adent wrote:
After seeing these I may have to try some slide film. I've never used it before. Is there anything that I should be aware of first?

Try to shoot an exposure series on first roll to detect real shutter speed 1/250 for example may just 1/125 and you should know it, slide is not forgivable like b&w and color print. So from second roll you will know exact speeds and all will come out beautifully.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, are you using Vuescan or Epson software with these scans? Mesmerizingly good, which ever.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Attila, are you using Vuescan or Epson software with these scans? Mesmerizingly good, which ever.

I feel uncomfortable with vuescan, I use epson with digital ice scan to tiff and sharpen if need on computer, 35mm usually require it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great results, I think ICE slows things waaayyy doowwwnnn, tho.

But hey, you could go fishing, do something else. Smile