Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sunset in Fortaleza Brazil with Olympus EP-2 and Serital 1in
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Sunset in Fortaleza Brazil with Olympus EP-2 and Serital 1in Reply with quote

Not the ideal lens for the job but this what I had in hand.

Last edited by bhargav on Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice postcard pic!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Nice postcard pic!

Thanks Attila, this is a beautiful place with amazing beaches and lagoons! Shame I'm not on a holiday. And almost everyone has told me not to move around with my camera so I just have this combo, which passes as a P&S.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhargav,

Are you in the country? Well, I wish you have a nice stay!

Have fun,

Renato

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSalles wrote:
bhargav,

Are you in the country? Well, I wish you have a nice stay!

Have fun,

Renato

Thanks very much Renato! Yes in the country for a week. Are you anywhere close to Fortaleza?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man. not exactly, actually we're in opposite corners in Brazil: you're in north and I'm in south, 4.2K km's or so. But I do now very well the place you're in. I used to go to Fortaleza and several beaches near it, like Paracurú, Canoa Quebrada and Jericoacoara.

Don't forget you're in the lobster's heaven: by the beaches around Fortaleza the prices are even more affordable than in a tourist restaurant in town.
The place you've took the photo remembers me the beach called Praia do Futuro in Fortaleza, where is located the Othon Palace Hotel. I envies you, I'm almost freezing and you in the tropics by the beach!
Pay attention to the UV rays and get a nice color to show in Finland when you go back home,

Very Happy

Wish you the best, and bring a lot of pics!

Renato

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Fortaleza is a town? One of my company's vessels is named after it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad result at all . Wink
I like the colors and the mood .If you allow a suggestion , maybe the horizon could be closer to the bottom letting a little more sky ?
The Oly did a good job ,and the stabilisation too ,I suppose it's handheld?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lena wrote:
So Fortaleza is a town? One of my company's vessels is named after it.

Lena, yes, it is,

http://www.google.com.br/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CEsQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FFortaleza&ei=I4L2UdmeGoma9gTLm4CQAg&usg=AFQjCNH7-qznGr3crLV9TVO7yA3dwQ4TwQ&sig2=dhfHBecVlq5DqUrdh_tBsA&bvm=bv.49784469,d.eWU

HTH,

Renato

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Renato, Teo and Lena!

Renato, I know, quite a few of my colleagues are traveling from Porto Allegre and they told me it is almost 5deg there! By the way I met a guy on the bus to Cumbuco who was with his Yashica MG and 50/1.7. He said he prefers it to the new digital he has as it gives him consistently good pictures. So it seems there are MF users here! That photo was taken on Beira Mar near the open market. Unfortunately I can't try the local delicacies as I'm a vegetarian. Crying or Very sad

Now from today the conference has started so not much chance of traveling I'm afraid, but I'm making plans to come back!

Teo, thanks for your suggestion. I fully agree. It is just that there was quite a lot of vignetting on top so I cropped it. I will try to upload the uncrped You are right it was handheld.

Ok now off to the beach for some well earned beer after a long day on construction sites! Cool Very Happy