Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica 44 LM
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Yashica 44 LM Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set.

These are very attractive little things, and it seems you have all the accessories.

I see them go quite cheaply, but I wonder how much work it would be to make film for them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It actually is the first time I see this camera Embarassed
Looks somewhat funny, as if it tries to be antique and modern at the same time Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B&W film is still available from Efke, and I think frugal photographer may even have color film, and the plastic reels adjust to the correct size. When scanning you have to either mod your carrier or just leave one edge of the film unsupported - which is what I did and the results were just fine. http://www.frugalphotographer.com/cat127.htm

That is an awesome collection of kit there, and a very alluring camera.

My 44 next to a 124G, just for size compare:

yashicas 2 by Nesster, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used rollei retro 127 film if I remember as well for Baby Pearl, expensive but worth to try a few times.