Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sigma SD9 body
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Sigma SD9 body Reply with quote

Even though it's a very special camera, the most analog of all the DSLRs ever produced giving a Kodachrome look in many situations, I am not using it enough to justify keeping it, and I would not mind the money to spend on developing paper.

It's in good condition, perfectly functional. The dust protector has been removed, and this is the only Sigma body where it's safe to do so as the IR filter is on the sensor, so the camera can mount lenses which protrude too much for the other bodies (Planars, Tessars, etc.).

There are a few specks of dust in the viewfinder, and the sensor as in all the SD9/SD10 cameras will need to be cleaned regularly, but apart from that it shoots just fine. I'm asking 100€ plus shipping and paypal fees, I can toss in an M42 adapter for another 10€.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I may say so, a great price for a fascinating camera!

It's not as convenient as a modern DSLR, much more like an analog cam. And if you like to shoot on film, you will love the SD9.

If I didn't have one already, I would jump on this offer!!

BTW, don't be afraid of the energy consumption. Rechargable batteries works excellently in both slots!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
If I may say so, a great price for a fascinating camera!

It's not as convenient as a modern DSLR, much more like an analog cam. And if you like to shoot on film, you will love the SD9.

If I didn't have one already, I would jump on this offer!!

BTW, don't be afraid of the energy consumption. Rechargable batteries works excellently in both slots!

Fully agree!.
I use RCR-V3 on mine. There are a couple of simple secrets to be happy with it:

A) remove the batteries when not in use, they discharge even the camera is powered off...
B) replace the batteries with a SIGMA lens mounted in the body.

It's an incredible camera, with a very special ergonomy and outstanding results. I love mine.

As Carsten says, it's like shooting film...

Regards.
Jes.