Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon Ixus (APS)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Canon Ixus (APS) Reply with quote

Here's my new toy that was given to me by a work colleague. It's incredibly small; why did they stop this format that only started in 1996?

It is mainly P&S but it does have a panorama mode (P, H, C). And came with 7 expired films (hopefully, finding somewhere that processes APS film should be easy).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was late issue digital was in corner already and this little format nice with best lenses only or for family stuff only.Most lab can process it I think and even scan it. Pretty awesome technology I was amazed too, but nice result did come only from Contax TIX. I still have Konica and Canon I did shoot one roll with both, user experience was great scanned result was crap. I paid a lot for develop, scan and result was so-so I did give up. Look forward your experience!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've still got the one I bought new many years ago, it's well traveled and gave us a lot of great pictures. It really was a great little camera. I shall have to get a battery and some film for it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How funny, i've just posted new topic asking: which model would you think is collectible of IXUS APS line? Then i found this topic opened already.

My dad owned all-metal one and it was really quality stuff.