Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yes I'm still alive and breathing!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: Yes I'm still alive and breathing! Reply with quote

Been gone a while and in the interim I have sent my Medalist I to Ken Ruth at Photography on Bald Mountain to have it fully modified to 120 film. I also purchased a Medalist II and an accessory back for sheet film. This way the Medalist II can be used as a view camera and no need to modify it at the present.
I'm also fixing a T-mount to M42 adapter to mount on my Medalist lenses with a modification to allow my Cokin Filters to be used. (Mainly for landscapes.) Anyway....more to come as things develop.

Just glad to get back to posting.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome home BD,How many "little" cameras have you obtained since your posting absence? Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back !
I'm still trying to fix that Iloca...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome back, wish you to stay strong

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back! Good to see that you are still with us, my friend!

Last edited by LucisPictor on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back - and I'm very curious how that 120 conversion turns out.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Welcome home BD,How many "little" cameras have you obtained since your posting absence? Laughing

Over 65 and 32 sold so that would be a total of 97. Selling off more as fast as I can.

I backed out on buying a Pentax 645D and decided to go ahead with my earlier plans to modify and use my Medalists. Also plan on shooting more with the Pentax 645.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Welcome back !
I'm still trying to fix that Iloca...

If you get it fixed you are a magician. When you get it fixed I have 4 more of different brands for you to toy with.

Also...what is your secret for bringing those light meters back to life? I have a newer model that is dead.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
welcome back, wish you to stay strong

Health is not the issue. Been too busy working 10-12 hour shifts 7 days a week. Time is at a premium.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Welcome back! Got to see that you are still with us, my friend!

I've told my wife to post here if I pass on and let you good folks celebrate!!! LOL

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Welcome back!

Thanks Attila.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
Welcome back - and I'm very curious how that 120 conversion turns out.

I'll post here as soon as it returns. Not cheap but I plan on using it a lot. I figured I could buy a lot of film and processing with the $11,000.00 a Pentax 645D would cost.LOL

I'll also show how I modified the T-mount adapter to fit my Cokin filters on the Medalist. Looks like either some Dremel or lathe work. Should be easy as well as cheap.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you here again!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Nice to see you here again!

Thank you...I'm glad to be back.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and I'm one of the many glad to see you back, your knowledge and humour always add to any forum. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
and I'm one of the many glad to see you back, your knowledge and humour always add to any forum. Very Happy

Thanks Lloydy!!