Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leidolf Wetzlar Lordomat 35mm Standard Rangefinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Leidolf Wetzlar Lordomat 35mm Standard Rangefinder Reply with quote

Just received this and photographed it before detailing. Really not much to do to it as it is almost immaculate. Only need to adjust the rangefinder a little which is easily done by removing the front top cap and adjusting a screw. Quite small but a heavy little sucker. Bottom and back come off for easy loading of the film. Can hardly wait to try this one out. All in all a beautiful piece of German engineering.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that looks a real little sweetie Cool

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great score -- just like mine. Very Happy

I'd like to get a wide angle lens for it and start collecting a little "outfit." There is also a faster 50mm I'd like to try. Lenses are a little pricey though.

I love the odd advance lever -- reminds me that I'm shooting something out of the ordinary.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:
Wow, that looks a real little sweetie Cool

I hope it is one. I'll find out soon. Got a roll in it right now and just need some time to shoot it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dof wrote:
Great score -- just like mine. Very Happy

I'd like to get a wide angle lens for it and start collecting a little "outfit." There is also a faster 50mm I'd like to try. Lenses are a little pricey though.

I love the odd advance lever -- reminds me that I'm shooting something out of the ordinary.

The lenses are pricey when you can find one. Saw one on the Bay ...a 90mm for $199 US.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/90mm-F4-SCHACHT-TRAVENAR-LORDOMAT-LEIDOLF-TELEPHOTO-LENS-35mm-FILM-CAMERA-/160666234442?pt=US_Vintage_Cameras&hash=item2568742e4a

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one just like it, same lens, same condition, but earlier serial numbers. Nice camera! I got mine in the original leather case for $20 about 20 years ago.

Worth it to me!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful little camera, vaguely reminiscent in design of the Vito B, plus a rangefinder of course.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcel Bauer wrote:
I have one just like it, same lens, same condition, but earlier serial numbers. Nice camera! I got mine in the original leather case for $20 about 20 years ago.

Worth it to me!

They cost much more than that now. And still worth it. One of the clearest rangefinder patches I've seen.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
Beautiful little camera, vaguely reminiscent in design of the Vito B, plus a rangefinder of course.

Actually a much better build than the Vito B. Heavier and better fit and finish.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

't'is a handsome rascal ...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish4570 wrote:
't'is a handsome rascal ...

Thanks Paul! I may be selling it soon.