Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rolleiflex 2.8 F
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Rolleiflex 2.8 F Reply with quote

Rolleiflex 2.8F Coupled meter 2400000-2451850 III 1960

I got this camera from my friend to try and sell. Any experience, thoughts ?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice camera.
Which lens Planar or Xenotar? Both perform similarly. The planar can bring more money.
These cameras generally need a service if they have been sitting for a while. Things can freeze up unexpectedly unless they see regular use.
Expect between $800-$1300 depending on condition and function.
I just got added a Rolleiflex T f3.5 Tessar to my flock of TLR's.
Headed out now to do a test roll Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, dreamed off! That is the version with Zeiss Planar isn't it?
Must be nice to give it a try. Wish you pleasure with that.
Waiting for some new Budapest pictures.
I recently got a humble Flexaret IVa, with Belar. Doesn't work yet, needing some repair.
Just an other league, I think.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lens is Planar f2.8 looks works well, trouble free. I am curious about it's performance long time ago... well we will see it. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my second Rollei when I can't load film properly , counter is not works , film run throw without move counter, any idea ? What I did miss ?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh bummer. The camera I tested last night jammed when I went to put a tool through it at frame 5. Mine will need an overhaul of the transport
I guess we have bad luck together. Confused

The F you have is an early F.

I'm sure you know but just in case Loading procedure is:

Film under first roller
Leader into empty spool
Thumb on full roll while winding start line to first roller (thumb to keep it tight)
Once film start line is at first roller close the back and lock the door.
Wind film to first frame.

If this is not working then there is an issue with the transport and it will need an overhaul Rolling Eyes

Old camera bring joy and work for many!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Andy ! I found roll wasn't enough thick and didn't press enough well counter roller.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really?

What sort of film so I may avoid it for TLR use?
I've had a problem with counter and film thickness creating frame overlap in old roll film backs.
Never have had an issue in the Rollei or Yashicamat though. It mud be very thin.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Really?

What sort of film so I may avoid it for TLR use?
I've had a problem with counter and film thickness creating frame overlap in old roll film backs.
Never have had an issue in the Rollei or Yashicamat though. It mud be very thin.

Finally I found issue I didn't load properly , it has a rotating metal stick I did load film above instead of under and make proper contact to counter wheel. I did call Charles my repair man and he did let me know don't need to worry Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you need to start the leader under the first roller Cool
Well good! i look forward to your results!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how does this "I got rolleiflex 2.8 from friend" work? I also want to get a rolleiflex from friend Shocked Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

berraneck wrote:
how does this "I got rolleiflex 2.8 from friend" work? I also want to get a rolleiflex from friend Shocked Very Happy

Oh just need to select friends carefully Laughing Laughing he is an antique merchant with many exciting items I help to him in sales and I can't try what I like Laughing Laughing Today finally I did try camera it was great feeling to shoot with it, everything went smoothly after proper loading even light meter is perfectly accurate.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did finish first roll and sadly my last one scanning, camera was sold quickly , spent less than 8 hrs on Ebay.

Super sharp, stunning rendering well deserve it's reputation.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just curious, for how much did it go from your nest? Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1214985.html#1214985

oh simple it wasn't mine.