Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtlander 125mm macro - aperture stuck at f22
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Voigtlander 125mm macro - aperture stuck at f22 Reply with quote

Hi everyone! Recently my Voigtlander lens (Canon mount) started to play strange games. When I turn my camera on, it closes aperture after first shot and stuck in this position. Camera also reports communication lens problem at any f-value except 2.5
Two days before I could manage this by cleaning contacts - but not today Sad Lens was sitting over two years in the closet, but in perfect condition overall. I've checked contacts zillion times, everything is shiny & clean. When I press DOF preview button it starts clicking (blades slightly move), but doesn't open anymore.

If somebody had the same experience - please help with advise. Repair manual would also be helpful...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the lens in EF mount?

It's been a while since I used Canon but I recall the EOS-compatible lenses being with electronically-controlled aperture diaphragms. Could it be that the mini motor controlling the aperture opening is failing? If so I suppose this is easy to fix, as that mount part should be available at any Canon service

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's EF mount with electronically controlled diaphragm. I was thinking about motor, but why camera reports communication problem and stops shooting? If there was a service manual for this lens I could try to fix it myself...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dofmaster wrote:
why camera reports communication problem and stops shooting? If there was a service manual for this lens I could try to fix it myself...

Canon's way of persuading you to call service/repairs.

The lens is rare, I don't know if any repair manual exists.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dofmaster wrote:
If there was a service manual for this lens I could try to fix it myself...

You might try the contact in this link.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading this post I'm glad that I have the lens in C/Y mount. Everything is mechanical, no electronics that can break down. Hope you get the lens fixed!