Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

P angenieux 28/3.5 retrofocus type R11...it has some issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: P angenieux 28/3.5 retrofocus type R11...it has some issues Reply with quote

Hi all ,I have not bought many lenses this year so I have been saving my pennies until this little lot came along
Edixa flex camera
P Angenieux 28/3.5
Steinheil Munchen 2.8/50 Cassar S
A humble Soligor 4.5/250 (T mount) Serial starts with a T
And some little bits and pieces.

Sadly the Angenineux has a few little (I hope easy to fix ) issues.The focus appears fine but the Aperture ring at the front of the lens faces the floor when the lens is mounted on the camera.The infinity and rear aperture numbers line up just not the front numbers.I can unscrew it slightly when focusing causing the lens to wobble.

#4 Is this a screw to hold the front in place?

#5 A spelling mistake?

#8 Not a pretty picture..the light was terrible and so was I.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking subjects. Would like to see some samples from 28/3.5 and 50/2.8. Wondering what is the picture mood they produce.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope for better weather tomorrow and will provide some images.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, that's an old Tamron 200/4.5! The lens from Rrance is most interesting though![/code]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Cool, that's an old Tamron 200/4.5! The lens from Rrance is most interesting though![/code]

So T is for Tamron in the Soligor serial list...thanks.

Is it common for the country's name to be mis-spelt on a lens? I am looking forward to trying it out even with its issues.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few samples...I am still coming to terms with using this lens on suitable subjects.It really needs a hood so a lot of PP on these.