Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What do you think of this?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: What do you think of this? Reply with quote

I found a Jupiter-3 on ebay that interested me: Click here to see on Ebay.
Part of the description says:

Code:
Optics: Glass on lens is clean, no fungus, no scratches. Has a little dust inside. Light cleaning scratches on coating. They will not affect pictures for sure.

So I ask the seller the obvious question: Is it possible to show pictures of this lens that show more clearly the extent of the cleaning marks on the coating?

Answer: no, sorry

Question

ebay-seller petersburg_*****

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Sellers' Market Reply with quote

It's clearly a sellers' market for some of these manual focus lenses. Sad There are few "well-kept secrets" any more; so, sellers don't have to market their wares as hard, or at all - as you experienced - and they will still get their price.

I asked one eBay seller if the obvious dent in the filter ring of the Takumar he had listed prevented one from screwing in the lens hood and/or filter. He replied that he had no way to test that. The lens sold for the going rate (way above reasonable IMO) - even with an evident flaw. Sometimes, it's just crazy. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rare seen Russian lenses without cleaning marks they wasn't in respect like Contax or Leica lenses if you can count cleaning marks that is not effect picture quality at all. If they are count less makes images to soft especially at wide open and contrast less at all aperture. My J3 has also some cleaning marks , fine lens, but really not reach Zeiss level I rather buy in case of you a Sonnar Contax mount lens , especially in you case due you have already a NEX adapter to Contax lenses.