Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Out and about in the Cumbrian Hills
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Out and about in the Cumbrian Hills Reply with quote

Just a compilation of the last two days shooting. Lenses were Meyer Primagon 4.5/35, Helios-44M-4 2/58, Jupiter-11A 4/135 and Ludwig Meritar 2.9/50:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sold on 8-10, but the rest range from excellent to sublime.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers David. I don't like 8-10 much either, I think the light was just too poor and the processing I did on them didn't really work.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome.

I have to travel far to see such a nice place with no houses no people no dogs.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 and 4 are my favourites. Compositions are spot on. Although I'd prefer slighty subtler HDR (but I think that's just my taste). Greens in the no.1 are a bit too green for me. I reckon you could crop a little off the top in no. 4 to lose the clipped highlights in the sky. It sounds like I'm being picky but I think the shots deserve it Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are quite a busy bee, aren't you? Wink

#1 & 4 for me too please. lovely.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys, I value all C&C so thanks for taking the time.

I'm surprised you like 1 & 4 the most, I like those two but I wouldn't have picked them as my faves. Both were with the Helios 44M-4.

I agree about the greens is 1 being slightly too much, the rest o the colours are okay, so I can maybe tweak the green channel.

I also agree about 4 benefitting from cropping out those blown highlights. That's one of the bugbears of HDR for me - it often does that to clouds, it's annoying and I have worked out a way around it yet.

I am lucky to live where I do, everything you see here is within 10 miles of my house, most of them within 5 miles.

There isn't a lot else to do here so I do get out with the camera as often as possible.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You already know I'm a big fan of your landscapes, and these have no disappointed me in the least Cool

Don't you just love it that we get to see so many parts of the world on this forum? Cool

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

many of them stunning congrats like #1 #11 , #12 and some of them boring like mount shoots without anything in foreground.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do love the way we can virtually travel the world, yes.

I don't like the mountain shots as much either, I think the only time I like them is in special circumstances such as exceptional lighting or when they are covered in snow.

It's good to try different things but I won't be doing much more mountain shooting, it just isn't as appealing to me.

My favourite subjects atm are old buildings, especially semi-derelict ones like in 11 and 12. Those two shots were with the Meritar and it surprised me how good it was at f5.6 and f8.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

11 is the best of the grouping, well done. The tree in the foregound makes the whole picture.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, I often try to use trees as framing elements in composition.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! I like them all...
But #21 would have to be stand out for me, it reminds me of here in Oz. The great contrast between the burnt looking grass, bright blue sky and a few smattered white clouds for good measure. Beautiful! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Hood, the colours are because it was just before sunset, normally the hills are a mix of khaki olive and grey with a bit of brown in winter from the dead bracken.