Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Newest Acquisition in Miniature Wonderland (Hamburg)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Newest Acquisition in Miniature Wonderland (Hamburg) Reply with quote

Hi!

Two weeks ago I stumbled across a hidden lens in the second row of a window shelf at one of my favorite photo stores in Hamburg. It was a Kiron 105mm f2.8 Macro in mint condition (Like new, minus some loss of paint at the markings). The price tag said 59€ and after I got the salesman very suspicious, asking three times if the price was correct, I had to take it!

So it came to pass that my wife and I went to the miniature wonderland in the Hamburg Speicherstadt, which is perfect for some macro action! As it is inside it also involves high ISO, only f2.8-f4 and some unwanted camera shake! I hope you enjoy anyway!

As always with a new lens, no pp!

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20123/big_1533__SAM4721_1.jpg]
[/url]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A macro, and it tilts too! Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinating, isn't it?!? Shocked Cool

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

59€ ???? are you kidding me? what a steal!!
...nice shot BTW Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not kiddin! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great catch! I like the cyclist shot the best!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unusual subject matter but shows what a class lens this is, thanks for sharing Very Happy