Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Napa Valley, CA - Elite chrome 100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Napa Valley, CA - Elite chrome 100 Reply with quote

Scan from home made Ilfochrome print.
The slide was home developed in Ornano E-6.
Napa Valley, Fall 2008

What caught my attention was the strange light, the sun was filtering through the clouds and mist.

Cheers, M.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Napa Valley, CA - Elite chrome 100 Reply with quote

marty wrote:
Scan from home made Ilfochrome print.
The slide was home developed in Ornano E-6.
Napa Valley, Fall 2008

What caught my attention was the strange light, the sun was filtering through the clouds and mist.

Cheers, M.

Hmmm I would have guessed that there was something wrong with the camera or developing Question sorry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that is a scan from a print I would try scanning the slide. I think the print has gotten age-related stains on it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 200km south from here. Smile That's what the light looks like there in fall when ocean fog blows over the coastal mountains into the valley. It is said folks from Italy say this area is like home. True?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for the comments.
Excalibur wrote:
Hmmm I would have guessed that there was something wrong with the camera or developing Question sorry

Mostly it was my inability to get properly the scene as it appeared to me, I guess Smile. Scan probably didn't help either, lots more to learn here.
skida wrote:
If that is a scan from a print I would try scanning the slide. I think the print has gotten age-related stains on it.

I chose to scan the print either because it was handy and my scanner seems not doing a good job with film (or I'm unable to drive it properly Smile). Unfortunately looks like it doesn't cope very well with Ilfochrome paper either. Watching at the same file locally looks a bit better or at least different, is the forum sw doing some strange trick?
visualopsins wrote:
Only 200km south from here. Smile That's what the light looks like there in fall when ocean fog blows over the coastal mountains into the valley. It is said folks from Italy say this area is like home. True?

Thank you for the explanation. Fog, there, creates some interesting situations, adds variety to an already largely variegated landscape Smile. I heard that too about the Italians and the Napa Valley. In a way I think it's true, for me at least. I have some family members living there so, in my case, that's part of it I think. The hills and the vineyards are the common point with my area although Napa Valley is largely devoted to wine making and here we have industry as well (or the few that is left of it since the economy pushed it to downward).

Cheers, M.