Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rokkor 58/1.2 at 1.2 & 2.0 Test.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Rokkor 58/1.2 at 1.2 & 2.0 Test. Reply with quote

I have two lenses Rokkor 58 1.2.
The first one I bought, the last glass was damaged.
The second, a little newer (9/10 condition) was the first glass with a defect. So I put the first group of one with the second group of the newest. but I was never very happy with their performance at f1.2.
Yesterday I did a test, I put the two optical groups, of the new and changed only the first crystal by the lens that I bought first.
DO NOT DO THAT. MIXING "FULL GROUP" NO SINGLE CRYSTALS.
But the result is impressive to me. The best performance is now F 2.8, as indicated in some reviews.

F 1.2 Handeld

At F2.0

Last edited by francotirador on Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy for you that it worked well.
So now you have one in very good condition and the other to sell for parts (or keep for parts).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
Happy for you that it worked well.
So now you have one in very good condition and the other to sell for parts (or keep for parts).

Is possible that I sell it for parts.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! That front glass is huge; do you use a hood with it?
..love the colors and creamy bokke. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! Really impressive shots you've got there. My copy also looks good @f/1.2 and f/2.0. May be not good as yours but I haven't enough time to shot in decent light yet.

Wide open: