Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EBC Fujinon 100/2.8 and EBC Fujinon 200/4.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: EBC Fujinon 100/2.8 and EBC Fujinon 200/4.5 Reply with quote

Some fresh photos from mine M42 Fujinon EBC 100/2.8 and M42 Fujinon EBC 200/4.5
All fotos are taken wide open. The 200 has a stronger CA.

EBC 100/2.8

and

EBC 200/4.5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no 3 from the 100mm looks really nice to me
Nice photos and lenses.

Regards
Catalin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only own one EBC lens the 1.8 55mm and in my experience i rate them higher than zeiss glass, super contrasty, and great microdetail.
I love mine
I like all the captures presented here, focus is bang on

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems very nice especially 100mm.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 100mm is a very nice lens, also the only M42 lens that I know of having a radioactive front element.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the 100mm, awesome lens.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys.
I like my Fujinon lenses. But they like summer more! FUJI strong point is color rendering and very few lenses can do the same. So, they are waiting for the summer to be fully realised Wink

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both these lenses and like them quite a bit, actually I have two 100mm, the old chrome/black one without EBC on the ring and the new all black one with EBC printed on the ring.

izvar wrote:
I like my Fujinon lenses. But they like summer more! FUJI strong point is color rendering and very few lenses can do the same. So, they are waiting for the summer to be fully realised Wink

There's been a few Fujinon pics lately on the forums, and everybody says the same: Fujinon colors are exceptional. I never really took notice, so today I took a few test shots with my SD9 to check a DIY focusing screen, and did a very quick comparison of a plain Fujinon 55/1.8 and Pancolar 50/1.8 zebra. The shots were taken 10 minutes apart, they are not exactly the same as my cat moved the flower pot, but I guess you can spot instantly which one is from the Fujinon lens.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

izvar wrote:
Thanks, guys.
FUJI strong point is color rendering and very few lenses can do the same. So, they are waiting for the summer to be fully realised Wink

Totally agree.

Regarding the two pics, the lighting and scene has variated a lot, half the flower is having a shadow on the second pic, and there is a lot of blurred orange in the lower right corner of the first pic that it's not present on the second, the framing/focusing distance is also different, and maybe even the auto-WB wasn't the same, but the way the purples are rendered seems to be very different. The first pic is way more saturated.

I would say that the fujinon is the first one, but not because of the color, I can't remember the Pancolar because I have just used it on cloudy days so I don't remember the color rendering, but it's obvious that the CoC on the first pic are more blurred, and if the photographer distance is the same on both pics the framing is closer on the first one, so it looks like the first pic could be a 55mm and the second a 50mm.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rafa1981 wrote:
Regarding the two pics, the lighting and scene has variated a lot, half the flower is having a shadow on the second pic, and there is a lot of blurred orange in the lower right corner of the first pic that it's not present on the second, the framing/focusing distance is also different, and maybe even the auto-WB wasn't the same, but the way the purples are rendered seems to be very different. The first pic is way more saturated.

The pictures were taken 5/10 minutes apart, lighting was the same, but my cat moved the vase. Smile The orange you see is the floor, the angle is slightly different in the two pictures. The Fujinon is the first one, the Pancolar at least in my experience has subdued, almost pastel colours.