Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sigma 8-16mm f4.5-5.6 DC HSM
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Sigma 8-16mm f4.5-5.6 DC HSM Reply with quote

Glyptothek, Munich von riddance77 auf Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Details are shockingly weak, colors also . What is your opinion about this lens? Am I wrong ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that comes from postprocessing with photoshop. the raw was sharp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riddance77 wrote:
i think that comes from postprocessing with photoshop. the raw was sharp

I found also on my computer raw is brilliant sharp and when I start to edit and convert to jpg brilliant sharpness is gone, usually I sharpen jpeg images before publish them to keep that sharpness what I saw on raw file. I couldn't reach genuine sharpness and brilliance , but I get closer to that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The red channel is clipped. Recovery reveals more detail. Also the sky seems too near to cyan for my liking. A simple hue adjustment solves the problem. But that may just be my taste - I don't know what the sky looked like - I wasn't there.

If you wish I can post my attempt at a quick edit. However some people think that ACR doesn't really do very well in converting Nikon NEF files. I have the D5000 and CNX2 does a great job in reproducing Nikon colours - to my eyes at least.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The colors came from Niksoftware's Color Efex "Vintage Look"-Filter.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riddance77 wrote:
The colors came from Niksoftware's Color Efex "Vintage Look"-Filter.

Some of these filters apply a Gaussian blur in order to soften details.

The title of the thread simply gives the name of the lens. Sigma gets a lot of criticism, and I'm sure that some of it is deserved, but do you think it fair to present your picture as an example of what the lens can do when you use software to screw it up ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This reminds me artphotos of Lomography gang

raksi.net updated

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found the problem. i used the lens correction to align the picture, cause i take it handheld.
the function makes the picture fuzzy. today i aling the picture in camera raw now it's sharp:)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friedensengel, Munich von riddance77 auf Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_DSC1427 von riddance77 auf Flickr

_DSC1296 von riddance77 auf Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariahilf-Kapelle, Markt Schwaben von riddance77 auf Flickr