Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nex 3 and 2.8/16
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Nex 3 and 2.8/16 Reply with quote

I finally received my Nex 3 with the 2.8/16 lens. Had a chance to take it out shooting.

#1. @ f8.
The sun was quite strong by the time we arrived at the place. I am quite happy with the result. What do you think?

#2. @ f3.5.
Focus not exactly spot on. Still need to learn how to focus without viewfinder. Was trying to test the DOF effect. The sun was still strong though already about 5pm. Shot almost near the minimum focus distance possible by the lens, maybe 4-5 inches. The blur effect not very convincing to me.

#3. @f8.
Strong sunlight and a lot of shadow.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great!
I think the 16/2.8 is heavily under-rated!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
Looks great!

I agree, Ive just picked up the 16mm and have actually been surprised by its performance, its loads better than than I expected.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnboy wrote:
ForenSeil wrote:
Looks great!

I agree, Ive just picked up the 16mm and have actually been surprised by its performance, its loads better than than I expected.

I have mixed experience in some light, subjects works well , on some others just act like a little compact.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
Looks great!

So true. This is still my favorite lens for shooting live low-light action band shots.
The amount of photographers that dismiss the NEX as a P&S with this lens mounted 'cause it is small...
Then I compare photos with them and it eats their canon 550d or whatever cheap DSLR they are using for breakfast! Very Happy