Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minox 35 GT shutter repair
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Minox 35 GT shutter repair Reply with quote

I've got one nice Minox 35 GT with shutter problem .
The battery is dead and the shutter blades do not close fully.
They are open all of the time and just close a bit for a while when you wind the film.

I know this camera has electro-mechanic shutter with magnets controlling the shutter blades. Do i need to put a fresh battery in order for the shutter to close fully or it's a fault?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've put fresh battery and the shutter blades closed. Since it was still not working - not powering at all - i have followed the instructions from this link http://www.flickr.com/groups/minox35/discuss/72157612937954151 and it works Smile ahh i'm so happy Very Happy
I didn't expected that the fix would be so easy as turning 2 screws.

About the battery the original 5.6V ones use mercury and are not longer in sale but i have bought from a local photo shop here an Kodak S28 6v battery - which didn't fit at the first try. When trying to open it - it turned that it contains 4 small watch cells and a tube of black paper. When i have put those in the camera it worked. I guess that the metering may be off because the voltage difference but will check it tomorrow.

BTW is it normal that the 2 aperture blades are not aligned equally ?
they form some kind of distorted diamond shape.