Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What lenses - Fed, Zorkij and Zarja
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: What lenses - Fed, Zorkij and Zarja Reply with quote

Now as I have sony nex, and would like to try out some more compact. Olympus PenF cannot be found in my local market, and might be too expensive. I think Fed, Zorkij og Zarja use the same mount, perhaps a cheaper price tag.

What is your recommendation to build up a set of lenses?
What price range can i expect?
What adapter can i use on the nex?
Other RF lenses?

I am totally new to these cameras, RF and lenses. My closest relation is P6, Kiev, CZJ, Pentacon and Petri (but in P6 or M42 mount).
Not neccessary to buy these, but I would like to study/read about them before spending money.

Many thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fed , Zorki both good if works. Some of them in excellent working order ,some of them not. Lenses are usually good to excellent.
My favourite ones are Jupiter-8 5cm f2 RED P, Jupiter-9 8,5cm f2 RED P, Jupiter-11 13,5cm f4 RED P, Industar-22 5cm RED P collepsible etc these are early silver finish lenses. They have stunning IQ , later version has can be even better coating and can be stunning lenses too and lemon also , a bit more gamble than earlier ones.
From camera line I like best Zorki 4 (big finder) , Fed-2 seperate magnified finder + view finder, Zorki-2C , but if works all do job very well. If you need good working camera or / and lenses look around first on market and come back to me I willing to sell many of my L39 cameras , due I like Kiev/Contax better. Lenses also available on local market here , they are common so I can sell you well tested good items from both camera and lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering lenses in LTM, I have good experiences with Industar-26m, Industar-61L/D and the Jupiter-8
I haven't tried the Jupiter-3 yet, but it has been reported to be a good lens as well.
With the Jupiter-9, I have limited experience, but I like its results: somewhat soft and beautiful OOF-rendering (it's a Sonnar design), very good for portrets.
There are truckloads of Industar-22 and Industar-50s, but their quality is so-so. Not bad, but certainly not good Smile I like them as toys. After a day of I22ing, you value your sharp lenses higher Very Happy

You can buy the Industars (26m and 61L/D) from many Russian 'bayers for about 15 euro. They are very good bang for the buck.
Jupiter-8 tends to cost somewhat more, but you can't really call them expensive Smile
A Jupiter-9 can cost 60-100 euro in LTM.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: What lenses - Fed, Zorkij and Zarja Reply with quote

hoanpham wrote:

What adapter can i use on the nex?

I use this one for the Industar-61L/D (a very nice lens!) on my NEX:

Click here to see on Ebay

very cheap and works without any problems.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: What lenses - Fed, Zorkij and Zarja Reply with quote

Tedat wrote:

I use this one for the Industar-61L/D (a very nice lens!) on my NEX:

It's pure coincidence (if that would exist) but I put the Industar-61L/D in my avatar today Wink

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Jupiter 3 and 8 and had several Industars (I think 26M and 61(L/D) in several versions.)
My Jupiter 8 50/2 was the best in sharpness and colors. Also very good bokeh etc.
Jupiter 3 50/1.5 is the softest wide open while producing an interesting character... I like it but it's usually more expensive than Jupiter 8.
I don't like the Industar rendering and they are also not good in sharpness and colors compared to the Jupiter 8 and any 50mm Canon FD or 50mm Minolta MD lens...

Sometimes M39 Steinheil lenses are going cheap (cheaper than Leica and Zeiss but not as cheap as the USSR lenses) and most of them are very good.

Last edited by ForenSeil on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila, Fotomachi, Jan, ForenSeil.

As Attila keep feeding with photos from these lenses, I don't think I can stand for long Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoanpham wrote:
Thanks Attila, Fotomachi, Jan, ForenSeil.

As Attila keep feeding with photos from these lenses, I don't think I can stand for long Laughing

Haha they are very affordable so nothing to loose if you not like them , personally I collect two lens lines now, Russian RF lenses and Konica SLR lenses both are very affordable and way above average lenses.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some samples from mine on NEX:

1955 red P J-8 M39:

1959 I-50 collapsible M39:

1988 I-61 M39:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Konicas have different mount, are they compatible?

I am currently running 5 systems: P6, canon fd, OM, pentax K and nikon F.
Only P6, pentax K and nikon F can tilt.

Any suggestion for a set of RF?
I need only a few good and cheap - all from wide/UW to approx 135

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoanpham wrote:
The Konicas have different mount, are they compatible?

I am currently running 5 systems: P6, canon fd, OM, pentax K and nikon F.
Only P6, pentax K and nikon F can tilt.

Any suggestion for a set of RF?
I need only a few good and cheap - all from wide/UW to approx 135

What do you mean with "Only P6, pentax K and nikon F can tilt."? "Tilt" like in "Tilt and Shift"? M39 RF lenses are not good for tilt as they have a short reg. distance and some of the wide angles will tend to vignette.

Most Konica lenses are in Konica AR mount but Konica made also M39 lenses - as far as I know they are better but much more expensive than their SLR counterparts.

-I don't know a good and cheap RF wide or ultra wide angle lens which will work on NEX
(Jupiter 12 does not work on NEX, Industar 69 vignettes and needs a modification, Orion-15 is usually not "cheap")
-Jupiter 8 50mm
-Jupter 9 85/2
-Any Steinheil 135mm or Jupiter 11

All these lenses won't beat most Contax(Zeiss), Leica(Leitz), Nikon S or Konica RF lenses... but they are muuuch cheaper and also good.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RF lenses won't be tiltable.

For wide option, I have SEL16.
CZ24 is awesome too, but too pricy at the moment.

P6 can tilt with P6-PK tilt adapter, use on my pentax dslr.
Ezfoto makes several tilt adapters for nex, but i cannot find canon-fd-tilt, nor olympus-om-tilt, on nex.
The ones i have is for nikon F and pentax K.

These adapters have tilt only, no shift.
Kipon makes one shift adapter for nikon F on Nex, and they promissed to make shift in several different mount last year, but shift only, no tilt.

I haven't try Kipon shift adapter. Shift with regular lenses is limited, but mostly I need only a slightly shift to straighten the perspective a little bit, typical architecture in 28mm, 30mm, 35mm for portraits at ground level.

My best combo is nikkor 28/3.5PC or pentax K28/3.5shift using with tilt adapter. or OM35/2.8shift with leitax-pentax-K mount

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are the Zork shift adapters for EOS, they come in different MF mounts, mamiya 645 seems a common one.

I bought a Bronica 50mm for ETRS the other week for 30ukp, mint apart from a little fungus that took about 5 mins to clean, Mamiya lenses can be had for similar prices with patience and luck.

EOS-NEX adapater than Zork EOS shift adapter with a cheap MF lens is what I'm planning.

I'll keep you informed of how I get on.