Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mallin' with my Bessa
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Mallin' with my Bessa Reply with quote

recently i bought a lovely 101 Anniversary Edition Bessa T, navy blue. certainly, a real 'looker'! i took her for a spin to an area mall just for fun, to see how she, my summicron-c 40/2 and some ferrania 400 would do indoors. i was pretty happy with the results. not much pp; c&c always welcome!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Mallin' with my Bessa Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:

I'm doing something very inappropriate under the desk Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony wrote:
i was pretty happy with the results

are you joking, digital look crap compared to those pics!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good looking camera an images.

Ferrania is an acquired taste; the grain puts some off and I must say I tend to shoot only their 100 iso film.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very beautiful camera Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking camera, but the film results look like the developer was stale (or maybe Ferrania is like that anyway).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you guys! i do think this is one of the 'sexiest' cameras ive seen, and its great to operate as it has a 1.5 RF magnification. it is said to bethe most accurately focusing RF cam, and i can attest that even close up wde open i get accurately focused images where i never could manage that with other RFs.

i really like ferranis, its depth and color is unique to my eye. i dont really mind the grain, though certainly in low light it can be distracting. i got a block of it at a great price, also.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, that is one beautiful camera, and I can't believe that is a 1.5X viewfinder -- I'm not at all familiar with this model - does it have frame lines etc and a spacious view?

Ferrania does have its own color rendition, I think of it as tending towards browns (whereas e.g. some Kodak tends yellows)...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a really nice looking camera and the pictures came out great.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you both!

jussi, the camera has no frame lines in the RF, only the magnified view for focusing only purposes. for framing one must use an external vf. i had an old tewe 35-135 vf that attaches to the cameras hot shoe and works great for a variety of FLs. the camera has a light meter that reads out on the back of the camera just underneath the hot shoe, which is great for hyperfocal shooting as you get a reading while lifting the camera to your eye. i often shoot it that way paired with the cv snapshot skopar 25/4.0. even with the evf it is a jacket pocketable rig, and i in fact carried it in my pocket for this days shooting.

the camera comes in less expensive non anniversary editions in both black and chrome. in fact i presently have my first pristine chrome model for sale. tnere are also additional anniversary enameled editions in black, grey and olive. they typically come with a special edition CV nickel heliar 50/3.5 lens/matching finder, considered by many to be one of the very sharpest RF lenses ever made. i recently sold my lens set on the rangefinder forum. its a collapseable tiny tiny lens, very well made and quite beautiful. it was a great lens, but i much prefer 35-40mm FL to 50, so off it went.

and yes, ferrania does have a deep color rendering in the red/brown family that i like very much.
tony

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cute camera. and ferrania is one of my two favorite c-41 films, the other being memories 200.