Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica FS-1 trouble
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Konica FS-1 trouble Reply with quote

I have this camera, and it is, by external appearance, in excellent condition. However, the battery chamber had old AA batteries still in it. I removed them and found a small amount of corrosion. Not having any sandpaper, I used a sharp knife and scraped as much as possible. I can't remember the chemical concoction one should use. I know on car batteries that baking soda and 7-up does the trick. But, the terminals are somewhat shiny, and it wasn't a disaster, at all. I put new batteries in, and followed the manuals instructions, but nothing happens. No power. Could the internals be fried, or do I need to do more to clean the battery compartment, or is there a nuance that I am missing? Thanks for your help. I'd love to get this working.
also* the serial number begins with 383, so it is supposedly the group which the electrical problems were resolved Confused
http://www.buhla.de/Foto/Konica/eFS-1Haupt.html

http://butkus.org/chinon/konica/konica_fs-1/konica_fs-1.htm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I soak in vinegar and then in rubbing alcohol. That usually does the trick. If any corrosion left I use a scratch brush or, if severe, I grind it off with a dremel tool.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also check the type of batteries being used make sure that they are alkaline' etc as theses things wont power on with cheap £land batteries

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dof wrote:
I soak in vinegar and then in rubbing alcohol. That usually does the trick. If any corrosion left I use a scratch brush or, if severe, I grind it off with a dremel tool.

+1 if not power up after your camera is dead. Motor driven Konicas a real gamble, many of them dead, lightmeter not works or works but expose on one speed etc. Electronic built quality is real crap, hard to find working one. Try Konica FC-1 they are much more trustworthy and only motor drive what you miss.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
dof wrote:

+1 if not power up after your camera is dead. Motor driven Konicas a real gamble, many of them dead, lightmeter not works or works but expose on one speed etc. Electronic built quality is real crap, hard to find working one. Try Konica FC-1 they are much more trustworthy and only motor drive what you miss.

Thanks Eddie, and Attila.
I cleaned the battery compartment thoroughly; it looks shiny and new. The batteries are alkaline, and I put them in the right way Embarassed But it doesn't work. It is a shame, I think. I've never used an electric, nor desired to use one in the past, but this one felt nice in the hand, and it is a Konica, which I hold with esteem. Attila, it is nice to know about the difference with the FC-1. I won't necessarily avoid either of them in the future, because the glass that it often attached is the primary reason for purchasing. I like the mechanical cameras best of all; the simpler the better, I think.

Attila, I know we have a "Market Place", but do we have a "Scrap Heap"? I would hate to just throw this away.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put into Marketplace and say camera is give away , free need to pay only shipping cost.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konica T4 + handheld meter= always working Wink