Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

om-1, zuiko 50/1.8 test roll shots :)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: om-1, zuiko 50/1.8 test roll shots :) Reply with quote

hp5, ilfosol 3 1+9
f1.8:

variety of fstops:

i think this cam ($30) and lens ($45) were worth the money. cam will get professional seals, bumper, CLA. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That certainly is a fine result, even without a CLA. You're a super shopper!

How do you like the OM in hand? I found it a bit small/slick to hold, though I get used to it. I kept the bottom of the case on mine as a kind of grip, though it made for a bulkier camera.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jussi, it is fine for me. i have smallish hands. the om-1 is about the size of a fujica st605, of which i've had two, and a bit more compact than a spotmatic. and oh, that OM viewfinder! i can focus with both eyes open, while wearing my glasses. Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine the contrast of going back to a E-600 body after the test roll in a OM-2n Shocked, never knew it was that bad.

Havent tried to focus with two eyes open, may be something to try, thanks for the tip.

What focussing screen does your OM-1 have? My OM-2n came with a diagonal split prism, which I think is a quite nice version.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The result isn't surprisng, as i tested this combo. Great for portraits in my opinion, with a smooth rendition, but also for landscapes.
Just one thing : there's some weird rendition on the scans, you can see it with the dog, and the 2nd pic above the right shoulder.

The OM series are / were great cameras with amazing viewfinders, no camera today can match. I had the OM2.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, guys.
my screen has a microprism circle, no diaganol split.
hexi, that is scanner noise from grossly underexposed dark areas.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work! I like my OM-1 too. I don't have that lens ... Hmmm, when's the paycheck arrive?

Quote:
Just one thing : there's some weird rendition on the scans, you can see it with the dog, and the 2nd pic above the right shoulder.

H,

could that be caused by a histogram that has been too tightly clipped (applied during the scanning process)? I've seen similar results when I've pushed the histogram too hard. It's usually in the extremes (hence the clipping thought), and seem especially prevalent in the shadows. I'm using a Plustek Optic to do the scans. My only means to reverse it is to re-scan, with more latitude in the histogram "tightening", ie. by ensuring there's no clipping of the extremes at all, and by ensuring the curve doesn't get anywhere near flat-lining in the mid-tones.

Have others seen similar effects? As I'm new to developing and sanning my own B&W's, I'd appreciate if anyone has any recommendations for scanning (generalizations obviously).