Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sears TLS + Sears Auto 1.4/55mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Sears TLS + Sears Auto 1.4/55mm Reply with quote

I always wanted a fast lens and now I finally got one! I think Attila's got the same lens...just rebranded as a revuenon. He says its pretty sharp. The cameras a good one too. The copal square shutter that the sears/ricoh cameras were outfitted with supposidly never die and stay accurate till they do.

I think its a good deal, no?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=370001028568&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=024

Anyone have any tips for the lens? What applications would the lens favor or not for that matter?

Thanks in advance
~Marc

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for 14 USD any lens+camera a good deal. I have very good opinion about sears lens, might be this lens made by Tomioka and only the lens value was lot more, but I am not sure.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 Sears 55/1.4 lenses, different versions... Have tried only one... This is one of the best lens I have. Check the results...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/asbalyan/sets/72157600043358015/

You can find one test set too, captured at f1.4 as well as f4.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballu,can you show pictures from both lenses ? Marked which is the best one.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Ballu,can you show pictures from both lenses ? Marked which is the best one.

Give me a few days.. I am swamped with office work from last 3 weeks.. plus on top of that, this "ugly" Columbus winter... We usually dont have any sunny days in winter.. its almost 4 weeks, and we have only 1-2 days with Sun..... Coming from city with 1 or 2 rainfall as year.. its depressing... Embarassed Mad

I got few glass pieces, not able to test those too... got the second Helios-44 (nothing after that.. no M, no numeric) preset lens.. needs to test that too...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone. Over the weekend my girlfriend and I went out with this camera and lens combination (which was a gift from me to her). Here are some of the results...I'm pretty happy, especially since I had to clean three fungus colonies from the center of the thing!

The photos are untouched except for a tiny adjustment on black levels to compensate for the "washed-out" blacks my flatbed scanner delievers.

The first two are of me (taken by my gf):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10403737@N03/2193457728/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10403737@N03/2193455546/
Second two are of gf (taken by me):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10403737@N03/2192665519/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10403737@N03/2192662907/

Tell me what you think!
Thanks in advance
~Marc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics! I have an Auto Sears which I got the same way, off a Sears
TLS camera, which I pitched.

Bill

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc wrote:
Tell me what you think!

Damn good! You should shot more Gabrielle, she is very photogenic
I get every time a electroshock when I see real film colors.

Edit : I check you dancers shot in your flicker and I was happy to see them again, wonderful

Last edited by poilu on Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of the Sears 1.4/55 (as many of the Revuenon 1.4/55) lenses are Tomioka lenses and these are great performers.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens and nice shots from both of you (even if you look like you just got arrested Very Happy Very Happy ).

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Nice lens and nice shots from both of you (even if you look like you just got arrested Very Happy Very Happy ).

patrickh

Haha, yes I seem to have that quality in profile pictures...even my driver's licence picture, which I always say "I was hauled into the station for questioning and happened to get a licence while I was there!"

Thanks for everyone's comments - keep em coming.

~Marc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kino also made some lenses for Sears as well as Montgomery Wards, though I don't believe they made any 1.4's...Short of seeing the lens, it's hard to say who might have made it for them, sometimes the build gives it away, other times the features do...The only thing I don't like about the listing is that there are no pictures of it...I normally never bid on something I can't look at. I like to see serial #'s in the listings for various reasons...Let us know how it works out for you & post some snaps...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a tad confused by your post Scott...the camera/lens posting was quite a while ago and I had already won it. There were pictures at that point in time, though ebay eliminates them over time for obvious server issues. I have checked around and I believe the lens to be a rebranded Tomioka - not suprising with the fairly nice results I've gotten with a first roll. I have also wrote-down some snap-shot links in a later post if your interested in samples.

~Marc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't really notice the posting date & when I went to the eBay listing, it showed no pictures. I know eBay deletes the listing after a period of time but aas far as I know, they delete the entire listing, not just the pictures....I would like to see a photo of the lens & some photos from it as my curiosity is piqued

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott
The pictures vanish before they delete the listing. I was looking at some of my purchases from about 6 - 12 months ago - specifically looking for the pictures (for a database). Many of the pics were gone, but the listing remained.

patrickh