Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider G-Claron for Infinity?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Schneider G-Claron for Infinity? Reply with quote

I've bought a G-Claron 150mm F9 and it's on the way.
They are very cheap (when used) and have a good UV Transmission (75% at 365nm).
These symmetrical apochromatic lenses are optimized for 3:1 to 3:1 reproduction.

Does anyone here has any experience with the G-Glarons for photographic purposes?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Schneider G-Claron for Infinity? Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
I've bought a G-Claron 150mm F9 and it's on the way.
They are very cheap (when used) and have a good UV Transmission (75% at 365nm).
These symmetrical apochromatic lenses are optimized for 3:1 to 3:1 reproduction.

Does anyone here has any experience with the G-Glarons for photographic purposes?

G-Clarons are highly respected in the large format community.

I've had three 240/9 G-Clarons (all dagor type), one 150/9 (plasmat type), and still have a 210/9 (dagor type). The dagor types are early, were replaced around s/n 10,500,000 by the newer plasmat type. They can be told apart by s/n and by counting reflections. dagors have 2 strong and 2 weak (can be hard to see) reflections from each cell, plasmats have 4 strong and 1 weak from each cell.

I've shot all of mine, was delighted by the 240s but sold them because they're extremely hard to use on a 2x3 Graphic, am very happy with the 210. I shot the 150/9 against both of my 150/9 Apo-Ronars, it came in very good and quite usable but in third place. All of my G-Clarons were very good at the distances I tried (near, ~ 1:3; medium, ~ 15 m; far, ~ 200 m).

See http://www.schneiderkreuznach.com/archiv/archiv.htm