Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

walk with Meyer Lydith
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: walk with Meyer Lydith Reply with quote

Taken this morning...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wideopen, sharp for me

Thanks for viewing Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprisingly good! I must have a "lemon", as mine does not produce such results.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Surprisingly good! I must have a "lemon", as mine does not produce such results.

Yeah I'm sure you have bad copy or something wrong. my copy even has little scratch in front lens. Thanks anyway

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a surprisingly good lens. Mine is better than I expected, but I do see where it could use more contrast - easily fixed in PP.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I had a vg copy as well but sent it back because the focussing needed lubricating..if I had it now it would have been interesting to compare with my FD, Tak and Flek 35mms.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fresh images, Lydith is a good lens I had several all did perform well.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely images, this lens is especially good with colourful flowers and gardens Smile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The infamous idiot lens Laughing

Great images. I have a good copy of the Lydith too; I also have the Flek. Two very different lenses.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disliked my both my Lydith and the later Pentacon version. I see now they work perfectly well in capable hands Embarassed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:
I disliked my both my Lydith and the later Pentacon version. I see now they work perfectly well in capable hands Embarassed

I am sure the Sunny weather in Indonesia helps a lot!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:
GrahamNR17 wrote:

+10

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys ..

Quote:
Well I had a vg copy as well but sent it back because the focussing needed lubricating..if I had it now it would have been interesting to compare with my FD, Tak and Flek 35mms.

I have FD 35/2 ssc, its much better at infinity than lydith, contrast too due better coating. I like lydith's OOF area. and its tiny size tahn FD. Mir 35/2 has almost same character with FD, while flek 35/2,4 is the the best in color/contrast

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Lovely images, this lens is especially good with colourful flowers and gardens Smile

Yes that's right.
my copy isn't sharp at corner in infinity. so for close range is great.

Quote:
stingOM wrote:
GrahamNR17 wrote:
I disliked my both my Lydith and the later Pentacon version. I see now they work perfectly well in capable hands

+10

That's right, I agree. but recently, rain and wind more often here. Yesterday was sunny so I took this lens.

I think we have to know what is lydith pros and cons. so we can use it in proper way. in this case. Use it in close range and enough light, contrast is bad in strong light. like woodrim said, it could use more contrast - easily fixed in PP.

here's other shot from yesterday;

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:

Erm.....

GrahamNR17 wrote:
I have just been playing with my Lydith 30mm f3.5. There is something about this lens that I really like,but I cannot put my finger on it. I think it has great character. It is becoming my second favourite lens after the Helio 44-2.

What changed your mind?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
GrahamNR17 wrote:

Erm.....

GrahamNR17 wrote:
I have just been playing with my Lydith 30mm f3.5. There is something about this lens that I really like,but I cannot put my finger on it. I think it has great character. It is becoming my second favourite lens after the Helio 44-2.

What changed your mind?
The initial euphoria was short-lived. I got three or four images I really liked, then none. I gave the lydith a year or two to repent, but it never did. Even buying a later Pentacon version didn't make much difference, other than better contrast Sad I tried to love it as you would a wayward child, but in the end you just have to kick 'em out.