Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

frosty morning walk
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: frosty morning walk Reply with quote

It was minus twentysomething Celsius this morning. Sometimes that gives us a little ice fog along the river, and a beautiful frosty coat on everything.

All pictures with Rikenon EE 28/2.8 at f/11.

I'm not sure about my exposure on some of these shots. I want to avoid blowouts and emphasize the shadows and the texture of the snow, but did they end up too dark?

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7) A blurry self shot, mostly to give you an idea of today's weather.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks really f..f..f..f.. flamin' cold Surprised

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:
That looks really f..f..f..f.. flamin' cold Surprised

It was chilly, no doubt. At least there wasn't any wind. You get used to this weather, and I was dressed for it. My little walk took an hour, and I confess that by the end I wished I'd worn my longjohns.

The other secret is to keep moving. I saw many fantastic macro frost opportunities, but I wasn't about to kneel down and keep stationary long enough to do macro Laughing Maybe another day, longjohns mandatory!

I was happy with my camera, the fresh battery had no trouble lasting for an hour, even using Live View for all those shots. Focusing the lens was getting pretty stiff though.

EDIT - oh and the beard is as good as a balaclava, I have no idea why anyone in this climate stays cleanshaven over the winter.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures, what bothers me with this cold is that I can't operate the camera, my hands freeze.

Quote:

It was chilly, no doubt. At least there wasn't any wind. You get used to this weather, and I was dressed for it. My little walk took an hour, and I confess that by the end I wished I'd worn my longjohns.

The swedish have a say: "there's no bad weather, only bad clothes"

Quote:
EDIT - oh and the beard is as good as a balaclava, I have no idea why anyone in this climate stays cleanshaven over the winter.

Totally agree. Why wouldn't one use a beard with this cold? I do.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="fuzzywuzzy"]
GrahamNR17 wrote:
+1 I stop shaving in November and don't do so again until March Cool

...the downside is I look like a shortassed Hagrid Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice pictures (surely worth all the hardship Wink ). My favourite is the 5th picture because of its composition.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've captured the freezing atmosphere very well. I couldn't cope in that sort of weather.