Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canomatic 100/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Canomatic 100/2 Reply with quote

Has anyone used it. I've seen it in a local shop. I believe it can be mounted on an fd mount. Also what would be a fair price?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it will mount on an FD flange as that was unchanged through the Canomatic - FL - FD era. Diaphragm operating pins differ from generation to generation. Fairly scarce, and considered valuable.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think (based on memory!) that the diaphragm actuating lever works in the reverse direction to the FD lenses. If so, you'll have to stop it down manually, but that ought not to be a problem.

I also think it's optically the same as the 100mm f2 rangefinder lens which seems to have been highly regarded in its day. But, sadly, I've never used one, so that's just heresay Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for your messages. I will see if it's still available next week. It is not exactly a bargain at £90 though so have to think about it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: it didn't sell for 90 GBP a couple of days ago on eBay, on some foreign sites I come accross values of about 250 USD.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhargav wrote:
Many thanks for your messages. I will see if it's still available next week. It is not exactly a bargain at £90 though so have to think about it.

If you've got a Canon film slr or a Nex or something similar, I'd urge going along to see if you can get the price down a bit. If the lens is in fine condition, at current market prices it's not excessively expensive at £90 - at £70/75 it would be even better Smile

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Yes, will be using it on a NEX. I will see if I can get it for less than 70.