Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta Rokkor 200mm f3.5 or 135mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Minolta Rokkor 200mm f3.5 or 135mm f2.8 Reply with quote

Hi all, I'm looking to get one of these MF tele lenses and just wondering which one would you prefer or which one would be a better choice? I will be using this on a Sony NEX-7 and just worry pics might come out blurry on the 200mm from camera movement due to the long focal length.

Anybody using these lenses?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, but i have used many telephoto on ep2, which has 2x crop factor. ive found that up to about 400mm (200mm lens) i'm ok. beyond that handheld is very difficult. however ep2 does have in body IS and perhaps even more importantly i have external vf which allows me to brace camera against my head.

my guess is you'd be ok up to about 300mm without IS using nex vf. i would not shoot below 1/500 though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input, I'm used to having XX-200mm range lenses but they have image stabilizer so usually no problem with them. The nex-7 doesn't have the in body image stabilizer so I was worry how it'll perform. Might need a monopod or something lol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lowincash wrote:
The nex-7 doesn't have the in body image stabilizer so I was worry how it'll perform.

yes it does, well with applicable lenses lol, tbh I have the Rokkor 200/4 and it's not a heavy lens