Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SMC Takumar 50mm 1.4 Rattles **Fixed**
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: SMC Takumar 50mm 1.4 Rattles **Fixed** Reply with quote

I just got one of these from a friend and it seems to work fine, but when I gently shake it I can hear somethig rattling around? Could anyone with this lens tell me if this is normal?

Thanks,

Konrad

I fixed it after looking around a bit more on the net.

The inner front ring (with all the lens specs written on it easily unscrew (just like a filter). Use an rubber band or eraser to get a good grip on it. Inside you will see three small screws. Mine had one rattling around.

Now I just need to get some jewlers screwdrivers, these screws are small!

Thanks,

Konrad

Last edited by morval on Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have several lens what is rattling and works fine, but I think at most case not normal.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst thing is a loose element, as you risk at least not having the lens perform at it's best, at worse chiping the element.
It could also be something in the aperture/helicoid system, if it's a loud and clear click when shaking front to back, my money is on the element.
I had an OM 35/2 with a loose element, and it had a loud and clear click when shaking front to back.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
The worst thing is a loose element, as you risk at least not having the lens perform at it's best, at worse chiping the element.
It could also be something in the aperture/helicoid system, if it's a loud and clear click when shaking front to back, my money is on the element.
I had an OM 35/2 with a loose element, and it had a loud and clear click when shaking front to back.

It was just one of the three screws at the front had come unscrewed. All fixed now! Perfectly quiet.

Thanks,

Konrad

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear it was minor, now let's see some pics. Smile