Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 55BB 500/8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Tamron 55BB 500/8 Reply with quote

SOLD!

A very nice Tamron 55BB is up for sale.

Machanically almost mint, optically also very good except one tiny spec of something on the mirror, see image. I have not seen any degradation of IQ due to this. Some easily cleanable dust on front glass, as usual I have chosen not to wipe it off to avoid risking to leave micro scratches and cleaning marks behind.
Focusing ring turns buttery smooth.

Including original hood, front lid and filter set box (not on image). The "neutral" filter is mounted on the lens.
Also original Tamron Nikon Adaptal II adapter with lid acting as back protection.

I'm asking for 165Euros + P&P for this great lens.

P&P charged as is, I normally only ship with signed for. International insurance could be limited with Swedish post when sending items without a store receipt. Contact me for all details when you are decided.

PAYPAL is okay, and fee is included in the price.

PM or email: torbod (at) hotmail (dot) com

Some images:

Very sharp and really useful on closer range (minimal focusing distance is below 2 meters). Colors are great and no CA whatsoever. Nice donuts also compared to many other mirror lenses due to good design. Click on it for lager version. Approximately 25 meters to the pipe ends in focus, hand held.

Not sharp moon shot just to show the reach (central crop from 12MP APS-C). It should be easy to get much better results on a clear night with a sturdier tripod/mirror lock up and modern camera with better high ISO performance and live view focusing aid).

Last edited by torbod on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 55BB, and I must say it's the sharpest mirror lens I've ever owned. I think your price is very fair. And since you didn't get a sharp shot of the moon with yours, allow me to "loan" you one I took of the crescent moon just a few nights ago with my 55BB:

10.1mp APS-C EOS XS (1000D), ISO 100, ~1/30 second.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice moon shot. Thanks, that shows the capability of the lens.

I was thinking of catching a sharp one last night with my new sturdy tripod, but it was -11 degrees Centigrade, so I skipped it.

/T

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold to Hong Kong Smile