Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Takumar 55mm f/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Auto Takumar 55mm f/2 Reply with quote

I've had one of these beauties on display for a while now, but had never taken it out after guessing it was the same as the Super Takumar 55/2 Shocked And it is very similar indeed i.e. brilliant Smile

My lens looks like the one Andreas linked a while back:

Some samples from today on my Canon EOS 5D, all wide open with 30% unsharp mask at 0.5px Shocked (click for bigger versions)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do i see a hint of swirly bokeh or is it only because i just came home from a night at the pub? Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smoli4 wrote:
Do i see a hint of swirly bokeh or is it only because i just came home from a night at the pub? Very Happy

I reckon it was the pub Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one too. Very nice lens. I should use mine more.
Nice samples.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Auto Takumar is a 1.8 and a transitional one, as it's nearly a Super on the outside. The glass is clearer, i.e. not so coated as a Super. I also need to take that one out more. Smile

Lovely pics, you really get a 3-d pop even with the out of focus backgrounds. Maybe because the in focus areas have very good definition and roundness.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice shots, I really love how even the old Takumars really make photos pop!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar yashica. I think I need to use it more.....