Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some Fungi
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Some Fungi Reply with quote

I went for a walk today, and between the downpours, I saw these. growing next to a recently cut down tree.

PP in all cases consists of a slight sharpening, levels, border+watermark. The third image has had a selective colour process (a fancy way of saying an hour with the Erase tool in PS) applied.

The first 2 shots are with the Pentacon 50/1.8, the last is with the Pentacon 30/3.5, and all are shot wide open.

shrooms-errddig2 by wrexue, on Flickr

Shrooms by wrexue, on Flickr

shrooms-errddig3-selcol by wrexue, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Cool

I'm surprised how well the selective black & white works in the last one Cool

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:
Nice Cool

I'm surprised how well the selective black & white works in the last one Cool

Me too. It's very effective.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments.

It was a truly mediocre picture beforehand, but has turned into something I quite like. I do have a thing about selective colour though, for some things it just works.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think you shouldn't have done it.... Smile

no serious it's alright but i prefer the 'normal' ones.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willem wrote:
i think you shouldn't have done it.... Smile

no serious it's alright but i prefer the 'normal' ones.

It looks distinctly average at best when processed in the same/similar manner as the others. I'll post it up if you want, but I can't see it blowing your socks off... Shocked