Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I am adding another camera body
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: I am adding another camera body Reply with quote

I have decided to buy a beautiful condition Nikkormat FT2 in Black to back up my F3hp as far as SLR cameras go.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great digital camera Wink

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Film, digital, whatever, that's a good combo. I love my F3HP and have an FTN that will be great once I replace the light seals.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Sorry you've lost me on this one. Anyway, an update. The dealer wishes to sell the Nikkormat FT2 with a nikkor 50mm f2 lens complete which is how amateur cameras used to be sold in those days. But as I already have a Nikkor 50mm 1.4, a Nikkor 55mm f2.8 Micro and a 50mm Summicron M lenses already I felt as though that focal length was well covered but for anyone looking for the combination that the dealer is offering it is a very nice Nikkormat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenneth wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
Sorry you've lost me on this one. Anyway, an update. The dealer wishes to sell the Nikkormat FT2 with a nikkor 50mm f2 lens complete which is how amateur cameras used to be sold in those days. But as I already have a Nikkor 50mm 1.4, a Nikkor 55mm f2.8 Micro and a 50mm Summicron M lenses already I felt as though that focal length was well covered but for anyone looking for the combination that the dealer is offering it is a very nice Nikkormat

Well I was joking as you originally put your post in the digital section......a mod has moved it now. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
kenneth wrote:
Excalibur wrote:

Well I was joking as you originally put your post in the digital section......a mod has moved it now. Wink

It is my mistake. I had assumed this forum to be an analogue film forum but on reading further it looks more suited to those who have gone over, so to speak. I have nothing against digital imagery, per se. I just do not know anything about it and furthermore I have no desire what so ever to learn. I am sorry to have encroached

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there are many film shooters here; me included.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenneth wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
kenneth wrote:
Excalibur wrote:

It is my mistake. I had assumed this forum to be an analogue film forum but on reading further it looks more suited to those who have gone over, so to speak. I have nothing against digital imagery, per se. I just do not know anything about it and furthermore I have no desire what so ever to learn. I am sorry to have encroached

Well no need to be sorry as we need more film users to hold the fort Wink Anyway manual focus lenses (which is mainly what this site is about)................are used by both.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did shoot film 25 yrs before and I did start to use manual lenses first due price and second due quality on digital SLR.
Once I saw Laurence MF slides I can't shoot only on digital Laughing now I love both and this is just fine and give more joy than digital only.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I did shoot film 25 yrs before and I did start to use manual lenses first due price and second due quality on digital SLR.
Once I saw Laurence MF slides I can't shoot only on digital Laughing now I love both and this is just fine and give more joy than digital only.

Yes, Laurence is indeed enough motivation to pursue film, and had no idea Martin was a film-shooter too, I'll add him to the list! Laughing

j/k, Martin. Wink

I was the one that moved the thread, Kenneth, no biggie.