Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax K2 Test Roll
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Pentax K2 Test Roll Reply with quote

You may have seen me post a week or so ago that I got a K2 'as-is.' I managed to get it working -- fully functional -- and tested it on Sunday with a roll of Foma 100 and a Tokina 28mm lens. Of course, a quick test roll is best used photographing my favorite, but most reluctant, subjects -- my dogs. The background isn't much to speak of, but the complex dog park is convenient.

Hannah enjoying some sun

The pizza parlor was cooking something with sausage and bacon, and the dogs kept their noses that way a lot.

I can't put into words how hard it is to get these two to pose. They hate having posed photos taken.

One last shot to show the lens' ability to distort DoF.

I am already a huge fan of this K2 and am thrilled to have it in my collection. The Tokina pairing seems to be a fairly good one. Wednesday I'll try it out with a kit 50mm f2.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent "as-is" Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops. I goofed. These are from the Nikon F3 with an NAI 43-86. I mis-labeled the rolls. I'll post the K2 images tomorrow as a reply.

I am quickly using my allotment of d'oh moments this month.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And some shots that are actually from the as-is K2:

The Tokina 28mm is not incredibly sharp wide open.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pix! Gotta love B&W film!
Both your pentax and nikon seem to be performing nicely! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you got it working just fine. Love your subjects. My wife and I are big dog lovers.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you got it working just fine. Love your subjects. My wife and I are big dog lovers.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they call that a double post.