Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica Tomioka 55/1.2, loose M42 base, how to fix?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Yashica Tomioka 55/1.2, loose M42 base, how to fix? Reply with quote

I have several M42 lenses that need some care:
- Tomioka 55/1.2
- Petri 28/2.8
- Pentacon MC 29/2.8

All with loose M42 base. These lenses are still usable. I have to hold the lens tight into the body to get correct focus. There are no screws visible outside.

Anyone of you have disassembled and tighten the base before? Please guide me to the correct thread or website.

The Pentacon 29/2.8 is in worst condition with both loose base and stuck aperture blades. This lens has visible screws, so I think I can dismount and try to fix.

I would like to be sure regarding tools, what to expect, dis-/re-assembling procedures, before I messing up.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget :

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No i am not forget about this simple solution Cool
Aperture ring and focus ring stay on the way, unless i want using it at fix aperture and focusing using my legs.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got fixed the pentacon and the petri. Those are now tight and snappy. Petri delivers interesting images, especially wide open.
Still no clue how to open up the tomioka.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been in contact everyone I know regarding service of this lens. As far non are willing to perform the service.

Is there anyone you know that I can get in touch and send the lens to?
Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoanpham wrote:
I have been in contact everyone I know regarding service of this lens. As far non are willing to perform the service.

Is there anyone you know that I can get in touch and send the lens to?
Thanks.

I have great repairman here at Budapest, Hungary. Tomioka is worth to pay his costs + shipping in both way. Let me know if you are interest.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Thanks a lot Reply with quote

Got your email.
Will describe as soon as possible.
Thanks.
/hoan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lens is fixed, tested! Works great! Many thanks Hoan to allow me to try it out before return it.