Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Out and about
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Out and about Reply with quote

Took a therapeutic break yesterday with camera and Orestor 135mm and captured a few pleasant images.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredible lens! I'm looking for the 100 2.8 version now and hoping to find one Smile. I have used this one(135) for test only it was badly cleaned copy but still powerful performer!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely! Even though you used a 135, you got pretty close to the bird.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series, great place for a therapeutic break!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woodrim, lovely pics. That heron seems quite vocal.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willem wrote:
lovely! Even though you used a 135, you got pretty close to the bird.

It is, of course, a vertical crop from a horizontal image, but still very close indeed. These birds - blue heron - are quite skittish by nature and rarely allow people to get close. This one has taken up residence in the area and can most times be counted on to be there. Today she allowed me close than usual. I actually started taking pictures from a farther distance, then would step closer and take more. I continued this approach until it had enough of me as you can see by its objection. Today is another nice late afternoon and I might mount my bicycle and travel over for more from another lens.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are very, very nice.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, took my photo touring bicycle out to visit the Heron again. This time I took my 300mm Meyer Orestegor and Vivitar 200mm Series 1. First used the big lens, down on the ground to help steady the monster. Was having difficulty focusing and couldn't move forward, so quickly abandoned the beast for the much more mobile S1 200mm.

The bicycle; beast in the basket.
ht[img]tp://www.pbase.com/mdlempert/image/141198805.jpg[/img]

Using the 300mm to close the distance

The rest are from the Series 1

There's only so much this bird will put up with

I believe the Series 1 proved to be the best lens for this subject.