Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony DT 35mm 1.8 SAM
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Sony DT 35mm 1.8 SAM Reply with quote

Did somebody tried this on NEX using the adaptor that permits manually control of aperture?
The reviews say it's optically good (on AF ) all plastics Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use this lens on my A580 and I think its optically fantastic, I see no reason why it wouldnt be as good on a Nex, indeed I plan to pick up an adapter soon, probably just one of the cheap adapters on ebay with an aperture ring.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnboy wrote:
I use this lens on my A580 and I think its optically fantastic, I see no reason why it wouldnt be as good on a Nex, indeed I plan to pick up an adapter soon, probably just one of the cheap adapters on ebay with an aperture ring.

I would say not "fantastic" but good.
My copy had a little low contrast and a little vignetting and was a little soft at F1.8
Still usable but in comparision with the 50mm F1.8 from Sony I was a little disappointet, because I bought the lens for avaible light indoor use. But the quality improves a lot when stopped down a tack and I guess this lens is better than anything else in this price- and aperture range (incl. used manual focus lenses).

I sold mine for a Minolta AF 24mm F2.8, which is very good

Now I'm draming of a CZ Planar 35/2 or a Voigtländer 35/1.2