Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The One That Got Away
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: The One That Got Away Reply with quote

I just looked at the "Bored with Sharp Images" thread and was quite amused by it. It also reminded me of a shot I ran across the other day.

I've missed a lot of shots in my time, and usually the shots are either obvious flubs or they were nothing at all. I was amused by this one, because, if you look at the shadow on the right side, you can see the tail feather shadow of the jay that would not sit still long enough.

I'm sure other people have better shots of "the one that got away" than this. If so, please share.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those blue jays are sure hard to capture on photo Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

got the idea...
the model was too fast for manual lens shooter, so I only get this bunch of AFers Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had my share of blurds.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

revers wrote:
I've had my share of blurds.

"Blurds"! I like that!

And, of course, anyone who's tried to take pics of birds has plenty--especially when using MF lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used nex5 with pentax M50/1.7, tried to hunt my kid in the library.
The nex5 has only lcd and of course focus peak to aid MF. Light condition is ok, but i need iso1600-3200 and at least f2.8, in 2m distance. I think my success rate is about 2% and improving (hopefully). AF will give 98% but no challenge Laughing It's also hard to pick one photo among hundreds to share in this thread Laughing