Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Heinz Kilfitt Munchen Kilar 1:1.38 135 Sample
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Heinz Kilfitt Munchen Kilar 1:1.38 135 Sample Reply with quote

From local flea market with old exacta camera
It has an unusual construction for a 135mm It's different from al my others

No rear element close to the camera, it works almost like you would use an enlarger lens on a camera
First an extension tube, then focusing heli, then the complete lens to make up the 135mm length
It had some fungus on the front element only, and i manage to remove all but there is some coating damage on the outside (see image)
The rest are in mint condition

Some wide open shots mounted on a m42 body cap

Last edited by Rusty on Sun May 03, 2009 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh - these are some really lovely samples. Seems to be a great lens, and for sure it's an unusual looker!

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great examples of a lovely lens. I have a 135/4.5 Steinheil Culminar which is constructed in a similar way. The rendition is also similar.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal & Patrickh.. Thanks for looking
I am still slightly short on infinity focus, but will try to make up a slightly shorter tube with 39mm female and m42 male so as not to sacrifice the original exacta mount and make it more permanent, and then take it for a serious walk...I have a feeling it might be good for street portraits Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: shots Reply with quote

very nice shots indeed!