Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

KIEV 4M set
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: KIEV 4M set Reply with quote

So here is my KIEV 4M set. Already rolled 2 films trough it. The results with the helios 103 definately surprised me, but now I`m very keen on seeing how will the J-12 perform. Accidentely I`ve got 2 J-12 instead of one and to my surprise the body was a bit different. The one your seing right now has much better grip on the focus ring because of way bigger grooves. This indeed is very helpful when using gloves in colder weather.
The KIEV itself is very fun to use, however the 4M and 4AM versions had parts made of pastic wich takes some fun away. Sometimes , when winding the film it fells like I`m about to break everything inside Very Happy . Because of that I`ve just purchased a nice Kiev 4 with a set of 4 lenses : J-11 , J-9, J-8m and J-12 ( I know , another one Smile ) Can`t wait to get them. I especialy want to try out the J-9.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: KIEV 4M set Reply with quote

Drack wrote:
The KIEV itself is very fun to use, however the 4M and 4AM versions had parts made of pastic wich takes some fun away. Sometimes , when winding the film it fells like I`m about to break everything inside Very Happy .

The only plastic are the 2 knobs. Wink
It looks very "modern" with the black J12. Try adding a flash too. Smile

Kiev shouldn't hear like you brake it? Winding should be short, smooth and precise.
Here is a lovely site:
http://www3.telus.net/public/rpnchbck/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: KIEV 4M set Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Drack wrote:
The KIEV itself is very fun to use, however the 4M and 4AM versions had parts made of pastic wich takes some fun away. Sometimes , when winding the film it fells like I`m about to break everything inside Very Happy .

The only plastic are the 2 knobs. Wink
It looks very "modern" with the black J12. Try adding a flash too. Smile

Kiev shouldn't hear like you brake it? Winding should be short, smooth and precise.
Here is a lovely site:
http://www3.telus.net/public/rpnchbck/

What I meant to say was that this kiev has that unsturdy feel to it. Everything works and moves very smoothly ,but compared to lets say a Kiev III the wind up mechanisim has this pasticy feel to it, where as the Kiev III does not, and because of that it seems like the camera is about to break Smile. The last 2 kiev models are considered to be the worst quality ones of the whole Kiev/Contax line. But if taken good care of , I believe that they will be excelent and fun cameras to use.

Thanks for the site. I know this one, very informative and fun to read Smile.