Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Weltblick 3.5/135
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Weltblick 3.5/135 Reply with quote

Here are some shots, as requested by Laurence, taken this morning on a dull, overcast day:

Tree

100% crop from the center

100& crop from the top right

Bird

Deco

Rose

f3.5 (wide open)

f5.6 (so 1 1/2 stops down)

As you can see, the only thing I have to criticize, really, is some CA at objects in high contrast situations (quite typical for a budget lens). Otherwise this lens behaves pretty well, IMHO.

And a main advantage of this lens is: it is small, really small!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carsten

Looks like a pretty decent lens - certainly usable by 5.6.

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...especially if you consider that I paid almost nothing for it. I bought it, some time ago, merely by accident, since I put a low bid on it and nobody else wanted it. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's certainly a decent enough performer to be worth considering.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decent enough, for SURE. Look at that smoothness in the background at f:3.5 as well as f:5.6. Those are very strong lines from the branches in the background, and they seem to be tamed very well. WELL worth consideration as a permanent part of your collection!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I really like about this bargain lens, is this:

Sorry for not having cleaned the front lens beforehand...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are almost works of art in their own right

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
What I really like about this bargain lens, is this:

Thats a lot of blades!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vega 12 90mm f2.8 has a few blades only and makes gorgeous "bokeh" so I guess lot of or a few blades doesn't matter.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Vega 12 90mm f2.8 has a few blades only and makes gorgeous "bokeh" so I guess lot of or a few blades doesn't matter.

For strong highlights it can make a difference but generally I think you're right. Those blades do look pretty though Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

That's right, Attila. It's the glass the causes the quality of the bokeh, but it's the blades that determine the shape of highlight bokeh (hexagonal, heptagonal or circular...)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notwithstanding any attributes of the lens blades affecting the images -- those are some NICE looking blades, all lined up and so MANY. I don't know, it just sort of tells me that the lens maker was trying to go higher with quality when they decide to utilize so many blades in the diaphragm. Probably I am "washed up" in that opinion, but STILL - fun to see those blades all working together so well.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Care and craftmanship. Losers in the struggle for more profit

patrickh